The average American spends an average of 4.7 hours a day on their phone, and why wouldn’t they? Phones have everything–email, texts, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and you can even order bulk amounts of toilet paper directly to your house after not reading all the reviews on Grubhub about the really affordable sushi place with no delivery charge. We’re on our phones so much that many people have forgotten how to live without them.
So, in case you are one of the millions who needs a reminder, here are some of the things you can do when you’re looking up from your phone:
• Check your iPad.
• Try to remember the name of restaurants near you.
• Engage with an actual human being, not just a series of checking texts and emails and social media accounts to validate yourself, and then try to fuck them.
• Focus intensely on the song playing right now. Do you remember who sings it? No? You sure? Maybe it will come to you later.
• Guess what your friends are doing right now.
• Think about tweets for later.
• Imagine what hot, young singles in your area look like.
Kyle Scanlan wrote this on his Razor.
Image by pexels.